Modal window with videos

Hello all

I have tried to resolve this before, but I am unable to find a way to do this.

In Kirby 1, I managed to make a page that loads videos from a folder. When I click on the created thumbnails on the page, the video plays in a modal window.

I have tried to search for a similar solution on Kirby 2, but I can’t seem to find. Is no one doing this at all: A gallery on a page, and the users can click on the thumbnails to load the video in a modal window…

Br, B

This has nothing to do with Kirby. To load something into a modal, you need some JavaScript and I guess you are using some sort of library in your Kirby 1 site. Or at least some sort of CSS solution. Is your Kirby 1 site online somewhere? Maybe you have used a plugin for Kirby 1?

I used fancybox with jPlayer.
I just don’t know exactly how to recreate this - it was so difficult for me.

And I don’t understand why I can’t find a theme or a single post about this. So, I am reaching out to get a hint about how to go about this - or to find a link to someone who knows about this…

What have you done with your Kirby 1 code? You should be able to more or less reuse it?

Anyway, here is a Fancybox pen that might be helpful: https://codepen.io/anon/pen/PKePqM

Why is there no post? Well, while similar questions do pop up from time to time, this is not really CMS specific. Apart from the part of generating the HTML, the JS is the same everywhere.

Thanks. I still have my Kirby 1 site going, but it doesn’t really work on mobile devices anymore. I don’t know why.

I did try to transfer this to Kirby 2, but didn’t succeed. It will take me forever to figure out how to re-do this in Kirby 2.

I was sure that I someone else created a Kirby site with video overlays, but perhaps not.

Br, B

Maybe update to Fancybox 3?

Edit: If you want an easy solution, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo. Most lightbox scripts support YouTube and Vimeo out of the box.