Media Library configuration? plugin?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or examples on how to have a centralized media library in Kirby?

I’m making a site for an art advisory service which will be using the images (and their data) across several locations. It’s pretty much a requirement to have a central media library as it removes the redundancy of adding the same image and data to multiple locations. I really don’t want to have to use Wordpress but it’s looking that way barffff

Any ideas or alternatives? I realize people are partial to the flat file asset structure but it does fall short in these cases…

Thanks!

Well, yes, you could centralize your media either in the content folder or in a special media library folder. The downside of such an approach is that you can’t drag and drop images from such a page into a textarea field of the current page.

You can even use the image tag, but you would have to provide the path (which will always be the same, though) and the filename manually.

If you don’t need drag&drop functionality and you can do with image, select, or multiselect fields, then a special page just for images would be a way to achieve what you are after.

1 Like