Matomo Plugin im Panel - redirect - not authenticated? (now in English)

Good evening

I just installed Matomo and the plugin. The tracking works like it should - this is my config.php:

'sylvainjule.matomo.url'        => 'https://meinewebsite.com',
    'sylvainjule.matomo.id'         => '1',
    'sylvainjule.matomo.token'      => 'mein ein zu eins copy und pasted token',
    'sylvainjule.matomo.disableCookies' => true,
    'sylvainjule.matomo.debug'          => false,

So: tracking works, I see traffic in the live view in Matomo. Now I want to install the default blueprint of the plugin according to the readme in the Panel. And then something strange happens:

The body of the otherwise empty page includes this JSON:

{"status":"error","message":"Unauthenticated","code":401,"exception":"Kirby\\Exception\\AuthException","key":"error.auth","file":"\/kirby\/config\/api\/authentication.php","line":14,"details":[],"route":"matomo-panel\/get-bulk-widgets"}

The token auth which was generated exactly for this Panel Use Case was used according to the panel:

I am running current Kirby alpha with current Matomo beta :see_no_evil:

Did anyone encounter this already?

I find it very strange

Thanks
Andreas

PS: Beside my translation to English I checked via a simple GET request: the auth code for the API works if I call it directly in the browser

Can’t help with this, but please keep in mind that the forum language is English (and people who are using the plugin and might help might not understand German).

I was so in the middle of it, I totally did not realize - thats for the heads-up! I will change my post now if possible to English :slight_smile:

It is quite funny. I only have two reloads of my panel before my super webhoster false-blocks my IP due to the high number of redirects) of all access and well, the are out of office at 8pm…

@texnixe one question though: with your Eagle-like eyes, do you see anything which could cause mischief in the routes of the plugin? With this strange forwarding effect, my first tipp would be routes.

But I only have 1 try left and I need to continue other work on the project lol

Andreas

As I wrote, I cannot test this plugin now. But from the error message, I would assume that you are logged out of the Panel for some reason and that this causes the request to the api route to be unauthenticated.

Use a VPN or restart your router to get a new IP.

That was not my request :slight_smile: Thanks for your input!

Andreas

Ah yes so I tested it with the latest Kirby 3 Version - it works there, but not with Kirby 4-alpha.5

I will post about it tomorrow in the appropriate Discord channel.

Andreas

Hi there,

any news to this? I switched to Kirby 4 and this plugin is really really important to me :frowning:
Got exactly the same issue.

There is already an issue in the GitHub repo of the plugin but no response. The plugin is not compatible with Kirby 4.

The Matomo plugin only provides a visual analysis in the panel and does not record any visitor data. It is still necessary to install Matomo separately on the web server. You can therefore also access your analysis without the Kirby plugin by logging in directly to the Matomo dashboard. You can also call up much more comprehensive visitor evaluations there than are displayed with the plugin.

There is a PR which adds some functionality (in particular, a dedicated Panel view which make more sense that having it in a page or the site blueprint) but also fixes the issues: Add Panel Area & be ready for Kirby 4 by soerenengels · Pull Request #47 · sylvainjule/kirby-matomo · GitHub

So if you need the plugin, you might check out the PR and use that while it is not merged.

1 Like

For many users it’s actually important to find everything in one place, in this case the Kirby Panel. If I have to explain different URLs with different logins to them… :exploding_head::exploding_head:

Thank you, testing it right now and seems to work!! :pray: