Kirby Install Problem

Hello,

on my own server I have no problems with Kirby.

Even on my local system with XAMPP not.

Just now I want to install to a different server Kirby and get error messages. This server is installed in a subdirectory.

Here the error messages:

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./kirby/bootstrap.php in /home/www/xyz/htdocs/kirby_install/panel/index.php on line 9

Warning: main(./kirby/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xyz/htdocs/kirby_install/panel/index.php on line 9

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './kirby/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/home/www/xyz/htdocs/my_includes') in /home/www/xyz/htdocs/kirby_install/panel/index.php on line 9

Can someone immediately identify where a fault may be present?

In the .htaccess I have only RewriteBase /kirby_install set and otherwise made no other changes.

Danke für eure Aufmerksamkeit.

MfG JanG

Could it be that you have installed it from a Github pull from your own repository and not initialised the submodules, basically meaning that the folders “panel”, “kirby” and “kirby/toolkit” are empty, hence leading to the scripts not being there when called upon?

This is almost definitely the issue.

If you’ve cloned directly from the remote, you can blow up the current folder and re-clone, using:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/getkirby/starterkit.git
# Of course, replace with your repository. Note that the above has broken on to a second line, but should be entered as one command.

Otherwise, if you’ve done some work or config in the local one and you don’t want to lose it, do a quick:

git submodule update --init --recursive

And you should be good to go. This will step into panel and kirby, then into toolkit submodules and clone each at the points specified in their .gitmodules files.

Oh … I’ve tested the server. There is unfortunately still an old version of PHP installed!

__DIR__ is NOT defined __FILE__ is NOT defined PHP_VERSION is defined PHP Version: 4.3.10

Its a Server Problem, not an Kirby Problem!