Kirby 4 Beta Installation problem

I have an issue running Kirby 4 Beta.

I downloaded the Zip, unpacked it and replaced the Kirby folder of my project. To X-check, I also downloaded a 3.9.7. Plainkit and did the same.

I’m having the exact same problem in both scenarios:

No errors when starting the router from terminal.

php -S localhost:8081 kirby/router.php

When opening localhost:8081 in the browser, I get the following message:

Warning : Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error : Failed opening required ‘kirby/router.php’ (include_path=‘.:/opt/homebrew/Cellar/php/8.2.9/share/php/pear’) in Unknown on line 0

So you have this problem with both 3.9.7 and the Kirby 4 beta? What does your project folder look like, please show us a screenshot of the file system with the kirby folder opened.

No, I have the same issue when migrating my project or the 3.9.7. plainkit to V4

I asked you for a screenshot of your file system…

ok, the router.php file is definitely there, and the rest looks good as well.

So wondering if you are calling the php command in the right folder?

100% sure

(base) marcoldenburg@MBP-von-Marc Kirby4 % php -S localhost:8081 kirby/router.php
[Wed Nov  1 12:01:36 2023] PHP 8.2.9 Development Server (http://localhost:8081) started
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] [::1]:54707 Accepted
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] PHP Fatal error:  Failed opening required 'kirby/router.php' (include_path='.:/opt/homebrew/Cellar/php/8.2.9/share/php/pear') in Unknown on line 0
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] [::1]:54707 Closing
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] [::1]:54708 Accepted
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] PHP Fatal error:  Failed opening required 'kirby/router.php' (include_path='.:/opt/homebrew/Cellar/php/8.2.9/share/php/pear') in Unknown on line 0
[Wed Nov  1 12:02:07 2023] [::1]:54708 Closing

If i am on working on mac, i have to set writting-permissions. Fot e.g. after cloning from git.

Never had to do that, but yes, checking permissions would be the next logical step.

Checked permission. Same result.

Based on the error msg this does not look like smth related to kirby, because the script doesnt even get called. But maybe you can check this by throwing a test.php in the kirby folder, and see if the error msg changes (which shouldnt be the case).

I don’t see any .htaccess file in the screenshot. Is this present in the folder?

But looking at the screensho in the deleted post, I can see that the folder is actually called kirby.2 instead of kirby?

Yes, I saw the same thing when I copied the screenshot here. I renamed it and the problem is solved. It’s a bit strange, because the folder was called kirby in the screenshot of the file system that I send you. So I tried to roll back the changes in the htaccess etc. but it’s working now no matter what I do.

Very strange. Seems like problem solved, even so I don’t undertsand how I could have missed this one in the first place.

Sorry for the trouble.

Right, because my first thought was that your folder was not named correctly (because when you download from GitHub and unzip, it’s called differently), but looked right in the screenshot of the filesystem. Very weird. But solved, so all good.