Kirby 2.4.0 Beta 1 is here!

We are super proud to announce, that Kirby 2.4.0 Beta 1 is available: https://getkirby.com/changelog/kirby-2-4-0-beta-1

It has one of the biggest features in Kirby’s history: PERMISSIONS

It took us almost a year to finalize this and we are pretty excited about it and think you are gonna love it.

But there are also tons of new features and enhancements included — as always — and we really need your help to test it and make it stable. So give it a whirl and see if everything still works for you and if you like it.

We already added lots and lots of documentation for the new features to the site. You can see of full list of it here: https://getkirby.com/upcoming and of course it’s also linked in the changelog.

We really hope you like everything you see!
Feedback is always welcome :slight_smile:

24 Likes

…just wish to stop vacation two weeks earlier, get my hands on my Mac and try out permissions…

:pray::tada:

Really looking forward to using the new features, docs look really promising so far!

4 Likes

I just love the beta version!, Amazing work Kirby DEV Team :blush:

1 Like

Looking good! Another sensible and sophisticated update for Kirby <3

I’m most excited for:

• Panel permissions
  • Default user blueprint
  • Improved debugging & exception handling
1 Like

I don’t have more panel users than myself which means, I will not have much use for the new permissions feature, but I do understand the importance of it.

Liked at first impression:

• Content representations
  • Whoops

Excited to try out:

• Debug objects
  • Hooks event objects + hook wildcards
  • Customize root paths
  • New string functions like str::from etc.

As always with Kirby, I’m most excited about the features I couldn’t even imagine. This time it’s content representations.

CLI

A CLI improvement to also be able to install beta (like stated in the docs) and hopefully even by branch would be great as well. I think the crew will benefit from it because then you will probably have more beta testers to find bugs more quickly.

Great work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: File URLs change when pages are moved

Great work by the whole team. I’m looking forward to the first time I’ll be able to use the new user permissions. :slight_smile:

Permissions! Finally! Awesome!

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

PERMISSIONS:

6 Likes

Looks great. :slight_smile: Content representations, terser object dumping and Whoops will help greatly with development and debugging.

The changelog mentions installation with Composer but for now there is no 2.4.0-beta1 tag on GitHub or packagist for Kirby core or the Toolkit, so I guess the plan is to only create a 2.4.0 tag for the final release. Not a big deal, I can point my composer.json to the GitHub repo and install the dev-develop version instead.

Yes, for now there’s only the composer.json file. We will add Kirby to Packagist with the release. The Toolkit should already be there, but not the beta. :slight_smile:

1 Like