[K4] Permissions create page to false don't work

Hi,

I try to set create page permissions to false in a page blueprint but it does not work with Kirby 4.0.1

I tried this (padawan is a user type):

title: Default Page

options:
  create:
    padawan: false

or this:

title: Default Page

options:
  create:
    *: false

But I can still create a new page. Also tested in the plainkit.
Could you confirm if it is a bug? If yes, I will open an issue on Github.

Did not test the other type of permissions.

Just tested and works for me, the only problem is that the add button is still available, but I think that issue already existed in Kirby 3.

But after submitting the create page dialog, I get an error message.

Sorry, I didn’t go through with it. I saw the page creation pop-up so I thought I could create a page. But if I enter a title and validate, I also get the error message.

When I migrated to Kirby 4, I replaced the Pages Display Section plugin with the new ability to query pages. But with the Pages Display Section plugin, the “+Add” button is hidden and there’s no link to open the page creation pop-up on “No pages yet.”

Here with the possibility to open the creation page pop-up, it implies that you can do it. So you try … and only then are you told that it’s not possible.

I find this misleading from a UX point of view.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to hide the “+Add” button and disable the link to “No pages yet” when the permission to create the page is set to false?

Indeed, I often have user roles that I want to be able to open a page but not create a new one. And I’d love not to let them think they can do it, but in fact they can’t.

I created an (UX) issue in the Github repo: [K4] Disturbing behavior. When page create permission is set to false, the create page pop-up can still be open. · Issue #6064 · getkirby/kirby · GitHub