Issues with imagick on live server

@waffl TBH I’m stabbing at the dark here, but without having direct access to your server, this is what I’d suggest next:

1. Make sure that the imagick extension is actually being loaded by PHP. Login via ssh and type the following in your terminal, to see the list of modules PHP is loading - ‘imagick’ should appear in the list:
php -m
  1. I’m not sure whether Kirby uses exec() in imagemagick operations, but if it does, then it’s worthwhile checking whether it’s enabled, as @pixelijn suggested. In order to enable it, you need to have superuser access to the server (you need to be able to login as ‘root’, or to use “sudo” on the terminal). You then need to edit the disable_functions setting in the php.ini file on the server - normally located at /etc/php/php.ini. To edit it with the ‘nano’ editor, you’d do:
sudo nano /etc/php/php.ini

Then, look for the line with disable_functions in it, and make sure exec is not in the list. Save the file and restart the server.

1. Last of all, the issue could also be related to the version of imagemagick that the server has installed. The version you seem to have is quite old - a couple of years old - so if at all possible, your server admin should update it for you. This will make operations faster, and might enable some operations that could be giving you trouble - like this one…
2 Likes