Issue with structure field row height in the K4 Panel

Hi. I’m updating a client site to K4 and I’m having an issue with structure field row heights in the Panel. The behaviour is different on different pages and I can’t figure out why.

On the homepage, I have some selected customer testimonials. The text is short and yet the rows are huge.

On a dedicated testimonials page, the rows appear sized based on content length…

But on the FAQs page, the structure field looks as expected…

There is no difference in how the structure fields are set up in the relevant blueprints. They all follow the correct format, for example…

fieldname:
  label: Name
  type: structure
  columns:
    column1:
      width: 3/4
    column2:
      width: 1/4
  fields:
    field1:
      type: text
    field2:
      type: blocks
      fieldsets:
        - text

As part of my investigation, I tried forcing the row height with some custom Panel CSS but that is ignored/overwritten by height: var(--table-row-height); even though Dev Tools suggests that it is the custom style being observed.

Does anyone have any idea why this variable behaviour is happening? Everything behaves correctly in the existing K3 version. Thanks.

I have also observed this problem.
If you remove the code area

columns:
    column1:
      width: 3/4
    column2:
      width: 1/4

the line height is normal again.

However, it is a bug that was only added with v4.
I would report the error to GitHub.

Thanks, @GB_DESIGN. I will report it.

Your recommendation partly worked…

• The FAQs structure probably worked because the columns I’d specified are all of the fields (only two). With the other two structures, the columns are a subset of the fields.
  • On the homepage, I removed the columns: code as you suggested, and it worked. I put the code back again and the row height remains correct. Perfect.
  • But for the testimonials page, removing the columns makes no difference. It doesn’t matter whether I remove all or some of them, I get different odd behaviour – either all rows sized to content, or a large minimum height on rows with little text.

Thanks for your help anyway. Reassuring to know it’s a bug and not me! :wink: