Inserting snippet in Kirbytext breaks if it contains UTF8 quotes

Hi @lukasbestle, just a quick note. In the main-text we use normal quotation marks (β€žβ€œ). With one snippet inside a kirbytag we insert a subpage with one wrong quotation marks (""). Definitely a content issue, but in this case the parser render umlauts with a question mark. And yes the charset and the *.txt are UTF-8. If there is one correct quotation marks (β€žβ€œ) beside the wrong one in the subpage everything is fine. I know it’s strange, but if their some rework of the workflow with snippets inside of kirbytags it would be great to test this case.

I don’t really understand what you mean to be honest. Your filter breaks when there is a " symbol in the snippet?

Yes, something like this lorum "ipsum" dolor break the filter. And this version lorum "ipsum" β€ždolorβ€œ amet works. Sure, a strange thing.

But the version that works contains β€œnormal” " symbols as well, doesn’t it?

Yes, in my case it breaks if the content of the snippet (subpage) has only "" without any β€žβ€œ and the mainpage has one or more β€žβ€œ.

That’s a strange precondition. And how exactly does it break?

Sorry, @lukasbestle. I know it sounds really strange. But under this condition only one umlaut looks like this:

And the HTML is valid and the charset is UTF-8.

Is there a public version of that site so I can take a closer look at the output?

Unfortunately not now. Hopefully I find some time to build an example at the end of the next week.