I finally released the first public version of ImageSet! This is just an early alpha release, so there might still be glitches in some browsers.
It took me some time to figure out how to design a convenient API for template developers, thinking about fallbacks and different placeholder styles. But the plugin is already on a good path to the first stable release, so I decided to release it today, giving it a chance to be discussed and tested by the Kirby community.
I’m happy to hear your feedback.
- Responsive Images Add responsive images in different sizes to your website with ease by using ImageSet’s convenient template API.
- Easy to Use ImageSet provides a convenient API for generating responsive image sets and also works with Kirbytext.
- Lazy Loading It supports lazy loading for saving valuable bandwidth (especially on mobile) and faster page loads for everyone.*
- Placeholders & Ratios ImageSet comes with placeholders in 4 beautiful styles and reserves screen space for images to avoid reflows (aka page-jumps) while the page is being loaded.
- Art Direction Define different sizes and crop ratios for different screen sizes and/or media types.
Web Standards ImageSet produces HTML5-based markup (using the
- Works with AJAX ImageSet works with dynamic content, as new imagesets are automatically detected and handled.
<noscript>-fallback which is enabled by default.