Images not showing until Cache is cleared

I had two cases where pictures were not displayed. Some browsers, mobile and desktop and showed the images and other browsers do not show the images. The console showed me image not fount 404.
I had to empty the cache in the Kirby/site/ directory.
After that the images were displayed correctly.
Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and how I can fix it?

config.php:
i

'cache' => [
        'pages' => [
            'active' => true,
        ],
    ],

Thanks for the help

Hm, I don’t know. If the page is rendered from cache, you shouldn’t actually see any changes, not even missing images, unless you removed some images and replaced them with others while the cached page was still trying to get the old images.

How do you update your content, manually or via the Panel. If you update stuff via the Panel, the cache is cleared automatically. If you update stuff manually (i.e. directly in the content files without the Panel), then you have to take care of clearing the cache manually as well.

Thank you, I use the panel. But I think the problem is somewhere else. Since it works on some browsers. For example, on my customer with browser chrome v98.0.4758.80 the images were not displayed. With me (same chrome version) the images were displayed. After that I cleared the cache manually on the server. after that the images loaded at the customer. Possibly the problem is also on the client side. Can it be that Kirby sometimes does not force the browser to load the latest version of the cache?

There is always only one cached page version in the cache folder.

So it would be good to know in what sort of situation this actually happens.

Thank you,
sorry my phrasing is a bit confusing. I meant that the browser does not use the cache generated on the server side, but rather the cache of the browser on the client side.
It happens when the website has not been updated for a long time. Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the error on my end at the moment.