How do I enable paging for the files section in my blueprint

Iā€™m building a gallery of images picked from hundreds of images. Iā€™m having perf issues because the files sections doesnā€™t have any paging so it tries to load them all on one page.

title: Inspiration
fields:
  gallery:
    type: files
    query: site.index.children.listed.flip.images
    layout: cards
    pages:
      type: pages
      label: Select an item
      limit: 10

How can I enable paging?

Hm, looks like the pagination setting limit only works for the files in the picker, but not for paginating the selected files :thinking:

Yeah exactly. Iā€™ve searched the docs site but nothing. Should the pages options also work on the section?

Your gallery is not a files section, but a files field. If you had a files section, then pagination would definitely work using limit (default is 20).

I donā€™t know if it is a bug or a feature that pagination does not work for the selected files in a files field.

Yeah testing the sections shows me it works. Ok so can I achieve the same implementation with a section?

Iā€™m querying all the files in the interviews children and then giving the chance to select from that list so I can curate a image gallery for the images in all interviews.

query: site.index.find(ā€˜interviewsā€™).children.listed.notfuture.flip.images

No, a files section is no good for selecting files, for that you definitely need the field.

Thought so. Ok so it seems this is not possible. I guess maybe I should file a feature request?

Yes!