How do I change the default file permissions from 755 to 775?

I have a site hosted on Amazon Web Services migrated from a shared host… I have been trying to figure out how to change the default permissions that Kirby writes files/folders as from 755 to 775 since the apache user that I am using via SSH and FTP is now different from the user that Kirby uses, but they are in the same group.

How do I change the default file permissions from 755 to 775?

Plenty of help out there on Google. Something like this should do it. If you dont know the full path to your website on the server, just cd into it and type pwd and hit return. it will print the full path.

The find command lets you execute a command on found results, so you should be able to do it with this:

Warning: Terminal commands can be dangerous. Never blindly use one without understanding what it does first!

For Files:

find /home/user/demo -type f -perm 755 -print -exec chmod 775 {} \;

For Directories:

find /var/www/html -type d -perm 755 -print -exec chmod 775 {} \;

See the link i mentioned above though, because it has a slightly more powerful way that is configurable.

I should clarify that Kirby is currently creating directories using 755 as its default, and I want to make it so that Kirby uses 775 without me having to change it through SSH each time.

I think you would have to modify the source. If you want to do this, search 755 and modify.

I found a solution that sounds like it should work here:

but that didn’t work and directly changing the Dir.php file to 775 didn’t work either. My umask on my server is set to 002 so that shouldn’t be a problem…