Finally online! (Help me with cache and site optimization step)

Hi there,
at the end, I made it: Landscape Stories Magazine is finally online and running on a brand new Kirby CMS :slight_smile:

I’d like to say thanks to the developers that made Kirby at first (thanks!) and to all your patience about my silly questions on this forum. Thanks to @texnixe and @lukasbestle because you saved me a lot of time.

Now that the site is online, I’d like to complete some optimisation task. I’ve read around here on the forum and on the support pages that there is the possibility to put on a cache system, setting the following on the config.php:

c::set('cache', true);

I think that should be enough because the site is 100% static and update only when we publish new content. But I’d like to hear from you if you have other suggestions.

Thanks,
Fabio

Hello,

Dont forget to disable debug.

c::set('debug', false);

And if you have forms etc, be sure to exclude caching on those pages.

c::set('cache.ignore', array(
'search',
'contact'
));

unless you already optimize your images/thumbs using imagekit consider using some other compressor like my imageoptim plugin (if you dont care about the cryptic filenames it creates).

lazyloading for the galleries would also be nice. @fabianmichael imageset adds that by default.