Error when loading the dashboard in panel

Hello,

I am migrating a website for a client of mine. Whenever i try to log in to the panel, when i am logged in and looking at the dashboard is get the following error page:

“Cannot access offset of type string on string”

I cannot, for the life of me, find out what the problem is. Can it have something to do with SSL?
The .htaccesfile is working correctly, i think.

Thanks in advance!

Could you please provide more information? You posted this in the Kirby 2 category, is that correct? Are you migrating from Kirby 2 to 3?

Please provide

• your exact Kirby version
  • your PHP version
  • the stack trace where the error is happening

Hello,

before i begin, i got it working. I will exlpain what i had to do, so if someone else runs in to this issue they maybe find a solution here.

My Kirby version is 2.5.13.
My PHP version was 7.4 (not completely)

What i was doing, i had DirectAdmin installed on a Ubuntu server 22.04 installation. This version of Ubuntu does not support OpenSSL 1.1.1, but only OpenSSL 3.x. This is a newer version, I know, but since Kirby 2 needs php 7.4 and OpenSSL 3.0 does not support php 8.0 or older it is nessecery.

What i had to do was reinstall my server, but this time I had to use Debian 11. This does support OpenSSL 1.1.1 out of the box. When installed i ran the nessecery commands for DirectAdmin to enable multiple PHP Versions. When i then installed PHP 7.4 i didnt get an error.

When finished, i uploaded the files to the server and bam, there it was.

Now it is all up and running!

Stil thanks for your help!

(Sorry for my bad english)

I hope that this is useful for other people.