Editor Block: Lite Youtube Embed

Hi there, folks!

Coming from Kirby 1 and 2, recently I’ve been getting into the Kirby 3 (I know I’m late!) and I fell in love with the Kirby Editor plugin. While it’s still not perfect it’s a huge step forward from the old textarea field.

I’m building a site and really wanted to be able to use paulirish’s lite-youtube-embed in my blog posts, which are using Kirby Editor. There was not plugin for that available, so I decided to write one. These are still my beginnings with the new Kirby 3 panel, so if you find any issues or bugs, feel free to let me know and maybe even throw a PR!

The plugin’s repo is here: https://github.com/mciszczon/kirby-editor-lite-youtube-embed

Thanks and greetings to all members of Kirby community, you’re the best! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I added it via composer but cannot make it work. Do I need to add it as a separate block type in the config?

@Peleke The plugin provides a block for the old Editor plugin, not for the blocks/layout field, so it won’t work.

1 Like

Exactly that, I was unfortunate enough to make that plugin shortly before the overhaul. @texnixe is that a big effort to rewrite the plugin to use the new system? I must agree I haven’t been working with Kirby since that change.

I don’t think so. You need a block blueprint and a preview, and I think you can probably reuse most of your Vue component.

Thanks for the explanation. It would be great to have this plugin available for Kirby 3.6 :slight_smile:

@mciszczon Do you see a chance for an update now that Kirby 3.6.0 has been released?