Did anyone get Kirby to work with Yunohost?

Hi all, I’m new here.
I wanted to try Kirby, but my home server is based on Yunohost.
Since Kirby is not packaged for Yunohost (which would be nice), I tried installing it via my_webapp, which provides php and sftp environment under nginx. Yet it did not work. I wrote to Yunohost community, as it seems either to be buggy, or requires some extra configuration, but also writing here. Maybe any of you had success starting Kirby on Yunohost and how to do it?

I have no idea what Yunohost does but I read your thread in the community. So looks like this tools uses nginx, not Apache, so the included .htaccess with the rewrite and security rules has no effect there.

I don’t know how you can configure your nginx server in this context, but you can find an example nginx config here: Running Kirby on a Nginx web server | Kirby CMS

1 Like

Thank you @texnixe. I tried using Nginx documentation you referred to. It was really elaborate and well explained, which only increased my wish to try Kirby.

However, it was too complex to adapt it to my context… The whole code (with variables adjusted, of course), does not work: Nginx crashes with message that context “Server” is not allowed there. I tried using parts of the code which I identified as sub-context, like “Location”, but this half-guesswork did not work. Apparently I need much more knowledge.

If you are curious, Yunohost is a brilliant environment for self-hosting web apps for less technical people like me. I use it for hosting my own Nextcloud, Mastodon, Grav and many other things.

I managed to make use of community help in Yunohost forums. The configuration that works in my case is:

location / {

# Path to source
    alias /var/www/my_webapp/www/;

# Default indexes and catch-all
    index index.html index.php;
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

# Remove index.php from URL needed on some cms
    if (!-e $request_filename)
     {
     rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 last;
     }

# Prevent useless logs