Deactivate the kirbytext buttons on the textarea panel field type

Hi everyone, the title is self-expanatory, i just want to offer the possibility to prepend some code in my body & head for quick additions. But the bold/italic/link/mail buttons are not useful in this case and i want to deactivate it to not confuse users.

Is it possible without a plugin?

There’s an option you can add in your blueprint: buttons: false

This is for the site.php, so i have a huge settings page. With some textarea with kirbytext needed. I just want to deactivate it for only one textarea. Thanx for your time.

That’s what I suggested:

text:
  label: Text
  type:  textarea
  buttons: false

= no buttons for that textarea …

My bad, i made i mistake it work perfectly. Thanx.

About that, this seems to be not obvious on the doc : http://getkirby.com/docs/cheatsheet/panel-fields/textarea

There is a pull request waiting to enhance the documentation for the textarea field, which will include that: https://github.com/getkirby/getkirby.com/pull/68/files

1 Like

This pull request would be great!
Especially if the opposite function for image runs in 2.1.0!

Thank you very much.

[added:]
in versions less than 2.1.0 I can activate the image icon AND its function. But since 2.1.0 beta, the function after the shift of the /* signs do not work.

The shift of the /* signs is in the file “/panel/app/fields/textarea/buttons.php” from line 79 to line 85 (kirby-nightly-2.1.0-20150507112900).

To avoid misunderstandings:

• I agree with both changes without wanting specify a sequence.
  • I have no account at github.com.

This section is commented out in the 2.1 beta as well as the 2.0.6 release. Actually, looking at the files history on GitHub, as far as I can tell (I might be mistaken here), the comment has never been changed. Maybe you edited the section yourself to enable this function?

Yes, I edited this on every 2.x version myself to enable this function. But now it does not run.

@distantnative:
My supplementary request is not new:

please look at My Panel Wishlist and its link

[added:]
To avoid misunderstandings:
I know that there are add ons, but not every website want that add ons…

Just looking at this again: Did it ever run? Cause in the current versions it’s basically commented out, because the respective actions that these buttons call do no exist (my guess: cause they have never been implemented so far, cause they are quite a bit more complex than the other buttons). I still recognize the wish and agree that this would be nice, but I think this isn’t a functionality that was cut back, but has never existed so far, has it?

I will search my old Kirby versions, but at the moment I am very busy. Sorry!
I tell you the result asap

Up to Kirby version 2.0.5 the button could be enabled:

I have downloaded the ZIP file at ‎11. ‎December ‎2014, ‏‎18:18:46 German time.

2 Likes