Customizing plugin assets

Hallo,

how to customizing plugin assets in kirby3, in particular I like to overwrite a css file?

When I put the file in the media folder it is working. But is this the way in kirby3?

For kirby2 it was discribed in kirby2-docs.

By the way a kirby3-getting-started would be nice, like the kirby2-getting-started. Hope I did not miss that in guid and reference.

Lule

Hm, good question.

The Tour replaces the K2 Getting Started Guide.

Wow, that was very fast. I expected an answer at the earliest on Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you very much for the Tour hint.

:scream:

The media folder is actually not intended for storing permanent files; as you can see in the .gitignore file, it is also not tracked in Git.

So while overriding assets in the media folder might work, there should be another way, only I can’t tell what that would be.

@texnixe: Thanks, again on a Sunday.

With your link to the Tour I came to the same conclusion, that the media folder is not the right place. Either this functionality is lost in kirby3 compared to kirby2, or it is poorly documented, or I am missing that part of the documentation. Perhaps someone else can help?

Okay. It seems that no one can help. Therefore I reason that this feature is missing in kirby3. Should I start a new issue?