Control look of structure field popup

Hi. New to Kirby but it’s already amazing.

I have a structure field for making content that is smaller than deserves a page, but larger than, say, an address entry. I added a type:textarea field to the structure field, but it shows up really small in the popup, and it would be tough to see enough of the content to edit it. Is there a way to make the popup larger than the 22em wide that it is by default?

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked out the freshly announced Kirby 2.1 beta? -> Kirby 2.1 beta is here!

Cause it addresses some issues with the modal popup of structure fields in general – among them making it larger. So that could solve your problem maybe?

As far I could test it, the new beta really improves the structure modals. If that’s still not what you want, you can add a custom panel stylesheet in your assets folder and reference it in your config like so:

c::set('panel.stylesheet', 'assets/css/custompanel.css');

Thanks @distantnative and @texnixe. Looking forward to the 2.1 beta. Are Kirby beta versions ready for production use? If not, the custom panel stylesheet seems like a good fallback.

Personally, I’d say a beta is never ready for production use. That’s why it’s called a beta :wink: However, the 2.1 beta is pretty stable and got only released today as a beta, cause it brings quite a bit of changes, bugfixes and so on, so that it would really help to test it in all the various environments to find any unknown bugs.

I read a bit about it in your link too. Thanks for all your work on it. I’m coming over from Statamic, which is awesome too, but love the simplicity and natural logic of this system.