Change of page title not reflected in content folder name

Hello everybody,

I’m setting up a new project with a local host using MAMP, on a macbook. However, when I change the title of an existing page from the panel or from the finder this is not reflected in the panel / finder.

Editing page title from the panel:
When I change the title of a page, from the panel, this is not reflected in the folder name in the content folder. I do see the new title in the .txt file in the folder but not in the folder name.

Editing from finder
When I change the name of a page folder from the finder, this is not reflected in the panel in a change of title. Also the file names of the .txt files within the folder do not change correspondingly.

However, when I add a new page it does work as expected; the folder name is built from the page name and page status.

Maybe I understand it wrong, but I was under the impression that a change in page title would automatically also change the page folder name and the page.txt files in there?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

No, when you change the title, it doesn’t change the folder slug, unless you also sync the slug with the title via the Panel.

Thanks for your quick reply! Is there already something built into Kirby to sync the slug of the folder and the title via the panel or would I have to custom build it? Or are there reasons you would not want to do this at all?

There’s a button in the changeTitle dialog

1 Like