Can't make new blueprints and templates work

Hi. I just installed the starterkit to my localhost server , kirby 3.2.2.

I’ve worked with kirby 2 before with no issues but its my first time using v3.

I’m made a new page on the panel, called ‘Projects’ and i tried to make a new blueprint and template for it.

as a a test, inside site/blueprint/page, i duplicated the ‘about.yml’ blueprint and renamed it ‘projects.yml’. Also renamed the title in the file to ‘Projects’.

I did the same for ‘about.php’ to ‘projects.php’ in the templates folder.

But i cant seem to see the changes being reflected in the panel when im editing the ‘Projects’ page. and this page is still using the default template when i preview it.

Should i be registering the blueprint someplace else too after doing all of the above?
Sounds like an elementary problem but cant quite figure out why it doesnt work!

If you creared the page before you created the blueprint and template, it now probably has the wrong content file name? Should be projects.txt to be recognized by the template and blueprint.

Just like in Kirby 2, the blueprint is selected when you create a new page. To create a new page with a blueprint, that blueprint has to exist first. Maybe I’m getting it wrong, but the way to describe it above sounds like you created the page first.

Actually i did try both ways. But had the same issue.

But anyways i fixed it by renaming the content text file inside site ‘content/4_projects/’ from ‘default.txt’ to ‘projects.txt’

Thank you!

If you are using the Starterkit, you can’t create a new page with the projects.yml template by default. To be able to do so, you first would have to “allow” that in a section. If you take a look at the site.yml blueprint that defines the look of the “Dashboard”, you will see that there are three pages sections: the photography sections with the albums, the notes section for the notes and a third mixed section.

The third section shows pages with the home, about and default templates, but only allows creating new pages with the default template.

title: Site

columns:
  - width: 1/2
    sections:
      albums: sections/albums
  - width: 1/2
    sections:
      notes: sections/notes
      pages:
        type: pages
        create: default # pages with this template are created
        template: # pages with these templates are shown in the section
          - about
          - home

For your projects, you probably want to create a new section, so that you can create subpages for it.

noted and thanks again!