Can't Assign New template

Hi there,

I’m trying to create some new templates for an existing site that I’ve been asked to takeover. The Kirby version is 2.5.14.

I’ve created a new template file called ‘services.php’ within site/templates and a new blueprint called services.yml in site/blueprints. Finally, I’ve changed the top of site.yml so that it reads:

title: Site
pages:
  template:
    - projects
    - insights
    - about
    - services

However, I still can’t create a new page with the ‘services’ template or change an existing page to the services template. The dropdown for these still only contain the first four template options:

- projects
    - insights
    - about

Can someone highlight what I’m doing wrong here? I have admin rights and complete access to the file structure.

Many thanks!

Have you tried to log in and out of the Panel?
Have you cleared the browser cache?
Is the blueprint file readable? Check the file permissions…

Hi there, and thank you for your reply. To answer your points:

Have you tried to log in and out of the Panel? - YES
Have you cleared the browser cache? - YES
Is the blueprint file readable? Check the file permissions… - YES it’s readable.

I should add for clarity that the site is otherwise running fine on localhost (MAMP) just can’t get this new template to be available :frowning:

Could you post your services blueprint?

This should really work unless you have a typo somewhere or the file is not readable.

Hi again, actually your suggestion prompted be to double back on the blueprint and I found i hadn’t renamed the main title in the beginning of the blueprint.

:man_shrugging:

Problem solved, thank you!

That’s what I thought…