Approaches for a tagging system with large number of pages?

(Note I’m still in the early planning phase for the project I’m working on, so no example code or the like yet.)

This project will have two main sections I’ll want to pull pages from via a tag, News & Reviews. The former will use a year/month/article structure, while the latter will use a year/review structure. There’s also Features, Previews & Interviews use the latter’s structure.

To give an idea of the size of these folders, each month roughly would have anywhere from 50-100 News items. Reviews would be probably somewhere around 50, with the others having maybe half that at most.

To be able to grab all of these content types on the tag’s page, would using Kirby’s search functionality work? Or would there be a memory usage issue, even with using the subfolder setup?

If the latter is the case, I had thought of storing the page IDs in a JSON file and Kirby reads from that to grab the related content. The idea was to not have to run a database solely for this, but would there be an issue using a JSON approach here and I should use something like MySQL instead?

Still under development and the different providers will probably be removed in favor of the sqlite approach (if I remember correctly): https://github.com/distantnative/search-for-kirby

Nice, that seems like it might be useful. I’ll take a look at it. :slight_smile: