Activation of Memcached

Hi, I installed Memcached as Daemon (Version 1.4.25) and I also add the extension via php.ini (Version 2.2.7).

My config looks like this:

c::set('cache', true);
c::set('cache.driver', 'memcached');

But I still get an error (Fatal error: Class 'Memcached' not found).

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance

Does the memcached extension show up in your phpinfo? Please note that there is a Memcache and a Memcached extension. Kirby requires the latter.

Ah, I didn’t know that two libraries extensions are available. I hope I can activate / install them at Domainfactory. So Extension is the way and not the Daemon, right?

No, you still need the daemon. What I meant is that there are two different extensions, but you need the memcached one (with the d at the end) specifically.

Thanks! Now I got it.

@lukasbestle Sorry, next question. memcached is activated:

Version	2.2.0
libmemcached version	1.0.18

cache is true and my cache-folder is site/cache. With the cache-driver »file« for each a new file is added to the cache-folder, but not with memcached. Maybe it is a stupid question, but how can I verify that memcached is working correctly?

The memcached cache driver does not store anything in the site/cache directory, that’s the whole point. :wink:

You can test if it works by storing something in the cache and then retrieving it in another request:

kirby()->cache()->set('test', 'my test data');

dump(kirby()->cache()->get('test'));

The memcached cache driver does not store anything in the site/cache directory, that’s the whole point.

Haha, got it. :wink:

kirby()->cache()->set(‘test’, ‘my test data’);
dump(kirby()->cache()->get(‘test’));

Works fine, thanks! Two additional questions:

1. If you change anything via panel the complete cache is rebuild or only the part (page) which was changed?

2. If I change anything directly in the templates I should call kirby()->cache()->flush() via an api for example to see the changes, right?

The complete cache is flushed, because a change in one page might also affect other parts of the website.

Perfect. Thanks for your help!