403 error when trying to login to the panel

Hello,

since some days i have a repeating error, that i can’t login to the panel anymore (error 403 / Login incorrect). Happens on server and on localhost (XAMPP). I can only get access when i delete all users and reinstall the panel with a new user. As soon as i loggout, i can’t login again with the user (login incorrect). I already cleared cache and session. Any idea what can cause this problem?

greetings

Surely, something related to kirby not being able to write in the “site/accounts” folder, is there some files there?

Please check your file/folder permissions and ownership.

What did you change since you get the error?

Thanks for your answers, i already checked permissions and set them to 755. That didnt work. Setting them to 777 did work, maybe that happens because i deployed the full website via phpstorm and the owner was wrong

Hope you changed ownership now instead of leaving permissions at 777

1 Like

i have to get back to this again. I checked with a fresh user, created via panel installation on the server and it behaves as follows: I can login with that user from my computer where i first logged in with no problems. But from any other device it does not work and i am getting ‘loggin incorrect’ again. I think this might be a session problem, did you experience something similar?

Hey @texnixe do you have another idea on this?

Not really, otherwise I would have answered. What if you clear the session folder in between?

Does this also happen with a fresh Starterkit?

i will test this. It now seemed to work again. Maybe its related to the server, i will check