What does this error on upload mean: "No uploaded files"?

Try switching to imagemagick, described here. It wont help you with other files types but at least it might get your images working.

Well, I think no workaround needed for my situation. This is nothing I try to get to work for a real project. But the Kirby devs should check it out because it might be relevant for other people/cases. For my own projects, I never rely on Windows servers so I’m fine if it’s a Windows only issue.

I don’t have a problem with this file either (using Valet as dev env on a Mac).

1 Like

Perhaps its a problem with Wamp. You could maybe give Laragon a shot.

I’m curious if there is some kind of logging or reporting I’m missing in Kirby. For example if you use a very long page title which exceeds the Windows path limit (260 chars), you get a mkdir() error. This doesn’t result in any php error being logged. Does Kirby lack some internal logging for deeper issues or is it maybe my webserver configuration/something else I didn’t properly understand?

Where is this error thrown but not logged?

Just go into the panel, create a default page and use something like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa as your title. This will result in an mkdir(): No such file or directory error. That this error will come up without proper handling is obvious but I’m a bit surprised that I can’t find some stack trace or error logged in PHP log nor because of Kirby debugging is set to true.

As regards that other error, I agree with @jimbobrjames: try another environment, XAMPP or Laragon.

1 Like

Okay, I will try a different wamp setup tomorrow, like with xampp.

I just installed Laragon on my windows box, along with the current starter kit and your image from above uploads just fine.

Can you retry with the plain kit, please? I didn’t use the starter kit. Is there anything wrong with my default.yml?

title: Default Page
preset: page
fields:
  text:
    label: Text
    type: textarea
    size: large
    required: true
  author:
    type: users
  sources:
    type: structure
    fields:
        source:
            placeholder: http://google.de/...
            type: text
        retrieved:
            placeholder: date
            type: date
            label: Retrieved On
  tags:
    type: tags
    min: 1
    max: 5
  published:
    type: date
    label: Published On
    min: 01.01.2019
    max: 01.01.2019

It’s the same thing, the staterkit just has a few things already set to get you started like blueprints and templates. There is no difference to the Kirby core files.

1 Like

Issue verified under XAMPP v3.2.3 too. Must be a PHP 7.3 version or Windows specific related bug. I open a Github issue.

Issue created, see here: https://github.com/getkirby/kirby/issues/1812

The issue were insufficient upload size settings, the error message will now be clearer in 3.2.5.