I’ve been looking into the new panel options and in particular the permissions. While doing so, I stumbeled across a few questions that I couldn’t solve. I might be completley misunderstanding the permissions sections of the blueprints, so I’d appreciate any pointers to information
- What are the different options in the user blueprint used for? E.g. from https://getkirby.com/docs/reference/panel/blueprints/user it’s not clear to me which parts of the website the settings
permissions->sitein a user blueprint relate to.
permissions->access->siteseems to disallow panel login altogether, but
permissions->sitedoesn’t do anything at all.
- When using the following user blueprint with a fresh starterkit, users with the
Editorrole cannot login to the panel (file: /site/blueprints/users/editor.yml):
title: Editor permissions: page: *: false #removing this line enables panel login. changeSlug: true changeStatus: true changeTemplate: true changeTitle: true create: true delete: true preview: true update: true
- Can I somehow assign different
siteblueprints for different user roles (i.e. displaying different dashboard content for different roles / users)? Or is it possible to redirect a user to a custom panel page based on their role?
- Can I hide the Kirby license key (
KIRBY_DOMAIN.com/panel/settings) from non-admins?
- Is it possible to add new menu items or hide existing items to the panel menu? This would be useful to provide each role with just the options needed.
Maybe I’m asking too much of the panel and certain things should be custom built for the frontend, but I’m hoping that I’m just missing an obvious solution. I’d appreciate any help
-updated 8. Feb to correct identation in (2)