"Unauthenticated" and redirected to panel/site when clicking file option dots

Nothing in the console. And yes, it’s only happening with files

Hm, I’m clueless.

Me too. I’m gonna reach out to my hosts’ support and otherwise just propose a change of provider to my client :man_shrugging: thanks for your assistance!

@bruno Have you been able to sort this out?

I’m still in contact with the easyname support. So far, they’ve neither been able to reproduce the issue nor have any idea how to fix it. Will keep you posted!

Hey @bruno

I had the same problem a few weeks back on the same hosting.
It was fixed in the 3.2 I believe.

It’s a cache related issue. The server was ignoring one of the headers sent by the panel if I remember correctly.
It’s a weird one because if you disable client site caching you’ll see that everything works correctly.

Upgrading to latest Kirby version is the solution.

hey manuel, thanks for your answer. i’ve upgraded kirby to the latest version but the error unfortunately persists for me…

Did you delete the media folder after the upgrade?

i didn’t! why does it need to be deleted?

I think kirby grabs a copy of the js for the panel and stores it in the media folder.
You should have a panel folder inside the media folder. Try delete that.

I could be wrong on the why though :slight_smile:
I always delete that just in case.

true, there’s a js file there… however, deleting the media folder didn’t help either :slightly_frowning_face:

good hint tho, i‘m gonna make sure to delete the media folder when upgrading kirby!

Ok do me a favour and try this to see if it is indeed the same problem.
Open the devtools either on chrome or on firefox, go into settings and toggle the option for “Disabling HTTP Cache”

Then, with the devtools open, try navigate through the panel.
If it’s the same error I was experiencing, the error should be gone while you browse with cache disabled.

yes, already tried this and you’re right, the error is gone with a disabled cache… is there anything else you did while upgrading?

Than that error is fixed. Because it was there on my installation and was gone as soon as I upgraded to the latest version. I think Bastian added a second header for the server in order to prevent that weird server caching.

In my case the version was the 3.2.0-rc.2

ok, i think it really is fixed – at least when i try on safari and firefox, but using chrome, it still persists even after clearing the cache… which browser are you using?

Works on Chrome/Firefox/Safari on my side.

If I remember correctly they have some weird caching settings on that hosting so maybe wait a bit and then give it another try.

It’s a weird issue, I banged my head for a few days trying to figure out what was going on.

okay, guess i’ll wait and see! thanks a lot for your help so far :~)

@bruno Did anything change in the meantime or is this still an issue?

Unfortunately, yes. It only works with the disabled HTTP cache as @manuelmoreale suggested earlier. We still haven’t gone through with moving to another provider, but will do this soon as the easyname support couldn’t offer any further help—they somehow weren’t able to reproduce the issue.

quick update on this: i’ve moved the site away from easyname to one.com, although i know it is not 100% ideal (see https://forum.getkirby.com/t/cant-log-in-to-panel/15809), because I keep having excellent experiences with their customer support. Now everything is working again.