Übersetzungen in "Leichte Sprache" ohne URL-Part möglich?

Hallo Leute,

es geht um die Übersetzung von “schwerer”- zu “leichter”-Sprache, aber eben beides in deutscher Sprache. Ein URL wie

• /nicht-leichte-sprache/der-verein.html
  • /leichte-sprache/der-verein.html

kommt mir etwas seltsam vor. Das würde ich gerne vermeiden.

1. Gibt es die Möglichkeit die gewählte Sprachvariante per Cookie zu speichern?
  2. Ist eine Leere Zeichenkette als language.code sicher?

Wenn das mit dem “sprachkürzel-nicht-im-url” nicht so recht funktioniert, wäre eine Markierung im URL zur Erkennung der “Leichten Sprache” OK für mich. Also in etwa so:

• /der-verwein.html > Standard
  • /leichte-sprache/der-verein.html > “Leichte Sprache”

Dafür habe ich den language.code einfach leer gelassen.

// site/languages/standard.php
return [
    'code' => '',
    'default' => true,
    'direction' => 'ltr',
    'locale' => 'de_DE.UTF-8',
    'name' => 'Nicht leichte Sprache',
];
// site/languages/easy.php
return [
    'code' => 'leichte-sprache',
    'default' => false,
    'direction' => 'ltr',
    'locale' => 'de_DE.UTF-8',
    'name' => 'Leichte Sprache',
];

Nun funktioniert das zwar in so weit, dass ich im Frontend navigieren kann, habe aber das Gefühl, dass es nur scheinbar funktioniert … denn welche Folgen das hat oder ob das überhaupt eine gute Idee ist kann ich bisher nicht abschätzen, da ich doch relative neu bin und auch zum ersten Mal mit der Mehrsprachigkeit hantiere.

Welche Möglichkeiten habe ich?

Vielen Dank und schönen Tag noch
ciao, Stefan

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Before I answer, please note that the forum is intended for an international audience, therefore the language here is English.

I guess you don’t mean fragment, but url path.

Don’t leave the code empty. If you want to prevent having the language code in the Url for the “default” language, set the url property to / instead of the code to an empty string.

Hi texnixe,

I guess you don’t mean fragment, but url path.

Yes.

Don’t leave the code empty. If you want to prevent having the language code in the Url, set the url property to / instead of the code to an empty string.

Thank you very much, that helps. Would be cool if you could also help me to find the right place in the documentation where all the available config keys for a language are descriped.

[…] the language here is English.

Will try to follow, but my englisch is not that good, the most of my thoughts are based on native german and they want out the same way :slight_smile:

ciao, Stefan

Tools like DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator or google translate or ChatGPT will gladly help… and you will improve your skills on the way.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.
ciao, Stefan

I’m not really familiar with the guidelines for “Leichte Sprache”, however, from what I’ve seen so far, the “Leichte Sprache” parts of a website are usually not 1:1 translations of the standard language, but rather an abridged version summarizing the contents, e.g. Bundes-Presse-Amt: Informationen in Leichter Sprache | Bundesregierung

In those cases, the “Leichte Sprache” part is rather a subpage with information in LS than a translation.

“summarize things up”

Your right, that is indeed a goal. We are on evaluating different methods, and a subpage is not excluded.

Hi Sonja,

FYI we go with a subpage. Thanks for your suggestion.

1 Like