Trouble upgrading from 3.4.3 to 3.6

Hi! I’d like to upgrade to 3.6 in order to use the Blocks field type. I’ve been using 3.6 locally with no issues, but when I swap out the new /kirby directory on my production site, I get the following error: " This page is currently offline. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will fix it as soon as possible."

My server is using PHP 7.3, so I don’t think that’s the issue, but not sure what else to check. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kirby 3.6 requires PHP 7.4

What would really interest me is why everyone seems to overlook the second part of the error message:

Change the PHP version to one supported by your version of Kirby

PHP 7.3 is reaching its End of Life (no security patches anymore) Dec 6th 2021 (in two days) so it would be better to switch the PHP version to 7.4 or higher anyways.

What’s usually helpful to avoid such cases is to use Composer for the setup, at least for the local testing. Composer knows the PHP requirements of Kirby and lets you know if you’re not on a supported version. That way you don’t break production sites that easily anymore.

Oh, I didn’t realize! Thanks for the tip, I’ll change version to 7.4.

Alright, switched to 7.4, but now I’m getting the following error: Call to undefined function Kirby\Toolkit\ctype_digit(). Any thoughts on what I might have missed?

Make sure the ctype extension is enabled, if in doubt, contact your hosting provider.

Gotcha. Thanks for the help!