Call to undefined function Kirby\Toolkit\ctype_digit() - only on remote server

Hello everyone - I get this error after uploading my site to a remote server:

Call to undefined function Kirby\Toolkit\ctype_digit()

I can see here that the solution is to get the “ctype functions enabled on your PHP version”.

I don’t know much about php, so I would really appreciate any help about how to get this done.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @nirsh,

First make sure your running at least PHP 7.4. If your running PHP 7.4 and you still get that error make sure the ctype extension is enabled/installed. If it’s not ask the web hosting company to enable it.

To determine what version of PHP your running and to see if you have ctype enabled type out the following, save it, upload it to the server and visit it.

<?php phpinfo() ?>

The PHP version is stated pretty clearly. Do a search for ctype to see if it’s enabled.

Hi! thanks for the quick reply

Im not sure I know how to make sure the ctype extension is enabled/installed. I would really appreciate if you could explain where should I type <?php phpinfo() ?>? and how do I visit it?

Thanks for your help! and I’m sorry for the newbie questions, but I’m a total beginner in php :confused:

I think your best bet is to contact the web host company and have them ensure PHP 7.4 is installed and that ctype is enabled for the domain/account you’re working on.

ok thanks a lot - I’ll do that :slight_smile:

It works!
I asked the host to enable ctype and it works perfectly

Thanks so much for the help!