Thank you for a wonderful year!

I was planning to write a big review for this year, as it has really been a fantastic year. But there's this saying that life is what happens while you are making plans. Last week my family and I have been reminded of how fragile life really is and how fragile your dearest plans can be.

So instead of the big review I just want to thank you all. I'm more grateful than ever for all the support you gave me in the last twelve months. Kirby has been growing strong with exciting new features, plugins, themes and wonderful new websites that you all built on top of it. It still feels like a dream to me whenever I open the forum or my inbox and read through all the discussions and feedback or to see the growing number of translators and contributors.

I'm also super thankful and proud of my little team that is steadily growing. Nico has helped me so much this year with new features and Sonja and Lukas are doing an amazing job with all the help they provide in the forum. They really rock! But I guess you already knew that :)

There are so many plans for 2016 and I can't wait to get started again. But I hope you all understand that this year's Christmas break has to be more extended and quiet form my end to help my family and me to recover.

I will try to answer important support requests as good and fast as I can, but if I can't answer in time, I hope that the forum will help you out for now.

I expect to return in full strength in the second week of January.

I wish you all a peaceful and happy few more days in 2015 and a wonderful and healthy start in 2016.

— Bastian

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://getkirby.com/blog/thank-you-for-2015
12 Likes

2015 was truly a great year with and for Kirby – especially seeing the community getting more and more active. Really loved seeing the passion for Kirby in a lot of you and always trying to help others and improve Kirby. So stoked about seeing how 2016 will enfold with all of you.

2 Likes

Thanks Chief, you to !!

First year for Kirby and I – and two baby websites :smile: were born.
Thank you Bastian for the hard work.

I discovered Kirby a few Months ago after having tested a lot of cms before. But I wanted a serious product with no db, with solid updates and an active community around it. I’m not a php developer and Kirky afraid me a little before using it. I take the opportunity of Bastian message to thank him, and also people who help a lot in forum, with who I was able to learn a lot and make some nice websites (even if I 'm not able to anderstand and deal with all Kirby’s possibilities ;-)) 2015 was a great year discovering Kirby, and wish 2016 being more and more productive for Kirby, and Kirby users like me.

1 Like

Dear @bastianallgeier A Big Thanks For That Awesome Year 2015 whit Kirby :slight_smile: I cant wait For the Next Kirby Version’s in 2016 You can very proudly be on you what you have built up, You have a strong and steadfast Community and a Nice CMS!!

Good Look For you and Your Family For 2016!!

Hope everything is fine and you and your family are all well! Thanks for an amazing year regarding Kirby, which is more than a usual tool for me and my job. Stray strong, merry christmas, good recovery and a wonderful 2016 to you and your family Bastian and to every other Kirbyist out there :wink:

2 Likes

I’m still new to Kirby but wanted to say thanks to you and everyone on this forum. The helpful advice has been invaluable! Best wishes!

1 Like

@bastianallgeier today is second week start of January 2016 :sweat_smile: Let’s we start :wink:

1 Like