Text vanishes from page - now hidden from view

I have a simple site put together to see how Kirby works. It has been live for a number of months without any issue. However, in the last few days the content has disappeared from view. If you look at ‘view source’ the text is there but not being displayed.

I did notice that there is an error in the browser console, but not sure how to resolve the issue. Any constructive advice welcomed…

Uncaught ReferenceError: WebFont is not defined require.js:7
Uncaught Error: Load timeout for modules: font!google,families:[Lobster+Two:700italic,Libre+Baskerville:400,700,400italic,Francois+One]_unnormalized2,font!google,families:[Lobster+Two:700italic,Libre+Baskerville:400,700,400italic,Francois+One]

Site is www.red.gs

Thanks (new user)

As you discovered, this is a frontend issue.

Your <main> section has an opacity value of 0 and needs to be set to 1 by your JavaScript code probably. So you need to find the issue why RequireJS doesn’t know the WebFont module, which currently stops your JS from executing correctly.

This is not related to Kirby but to your templates and frontend code.

The reason, why your text is not displayed, is, that the font is not loaded, so the browser has nothing to display the text. But I don´t know, why the fallbacks are not working as well.
Anyway, I don´t know require.js, but it definitely has something to do with this. I would recommend to add your fonts to the html header just as described at google fonts. require.js seems to block the font fallbacks (re-rendering the page) as well.

The text is actually displayed, but invisible because of opacity: 0 on the <main>. :wink:

sorry for the doubled and not well researched answer. I was not checking, if someone was faster to answer, before submitting my answer.

No problem at all. Thanks for helping with this. :slight_smile:

Many thanks for all your help. I will have to do a bit more digging to fix this. Thanks again.

R

www.mashplan.com the supplier of the Theme has given me a fix. New css file and new main.js. Google had changed something and required a tweak.

Thanks again to all who gave advice.

Richard