Temporary default page, via panel?

Hi there,

I’m wondering what’s the easiest way to achieve this:

A client wants to have a “under construction” page, as long as he is still setting up his content and until he feels he is ready to launch. When everything is done, he’d like to launch his page and of course remove the under construction page.

My first thought was to set up a simple page “Under construction”, with its own template and blueprint as the first page in the pages list, but it doesn’t automatically set it as the default page.

Is there an easy way to do this? I won’t have any possibility to log into the panel or onto the server in the future, so the client will have to “launch” the site on his own, which means it should be as easy as possible (he’s not very tech-savvy)

Thanks in advance!

I suggested something a while ago that works if Kirby and the Panel themselves are not in maintenance mode due to updates:

site.php would be site.yml now. Instead of the page, I’d use a route, but that’s up to you. The advantage of using a page is that you can edit the content of that maintenance page in the Panel.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for!