Subpages not displayed on multilingual site

Hi, total beginner here!
I’ve added multilingual functionality to the starter kit by adding the following code to my config.php file:

c::set('languages', [
  [
    'code'    => 'en',
    'name'    => 'English',
    'default' => true,
    'locale'  => 'en_US',
    'url'     => '/',
  ], [
    'code'    => 'fr',
    'name'    => 'Francais',
    'locale'  => 'fr_FR',
    'url'     => '/fr',
  ],
]);

While I can now edit content in both languages through the CMS, subpages aren’t displayed anymore on pages such as Projects and Blog.
How can I fix this?
When I remove the code from config.php, they reappear.

I’m sure it’s a super basic thing that eludes me, but I couldn’t find any clear reference to this issue on the forum or elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Have you renamed you text files. so that they have the .en and .fr extensions: project.en.txt, project.fr.txt?

Thank you for your reply.

I didn’t manually, but default.fr.txt files have been generated in each project’s subfolder after I’ve edited text for each language in the CMS. And I can switch between the 2 versions using a language switch in navigation.

Am I missing a manual step?

Well, yes, but check your file system. You should only have text files with language extensions in each folder. Delete duplicate files (if you have .txt in addition to the .en/.fr files) or rename any text. files without language extension. Otherwise, you. will have problems with pages not being displayed correctly.

OK, now I only have project.en.txt and project.fr.txt in my first project subfolder but that project still doesn’t appear on the Projects page.

(Thanks for taking the time to help me on a weekend, much appreciated!)

Hm, have you cleared your. browser cache and if you have caching enabled, cleared the cache folder? Also make sure that there are only text files with language code. extension. in the parent projects folder.

The final display issue was due to a bad line (aiming to hide the footer) in my css…
All solved now.

Thanks again for your time and your help!
Now I understand the folder structure better than I used to.