Starterkit 3.5 install via composer results in layout error on about-us page

Hi everyone, I’ve been a long time silent reader but can’t really find an answer to my current challenge. I hope someone might point me in the right direction.

I’ve installed Kirby 3.5 “manually” and it is running fine. Until now, I’ve not used composer and thought I’d give it a whirl. Installation via homebrew went fine and I am now running the version 2.0.8.

Guided by the cookbook I ran composer create-project getkirby/starterkit myproject which did not through any errors.

Long story short. Everything seems to work fine, except displaying the about us page, which states: “Call to a member function id() on string in layouts.php line 13-15.” If I try to edit the page from within the panel I get the error “Invalid field type (“layout”)”.

I am wondering if I missed something?

Hm, I also have composer 2.0.8 running and the project was created without issues.

Thanks for your reply. I investigated the issue a bit further and it seems that it has nothing to do with Composer or Kirby itself.

As it turns out, on Mac OS the local web server uses it’s own PHP version, thus it can be different from the one that is present in terminal — and that was outdated. I installed current PHP via homebrew and made that path available in my ~/.zshrc

export PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/php/8.0.1_1/bin:$PATH

After sourcing it I ran Composer again and the Starterkit installed just fine. Since I didn’t change anything prior to this I assume that was somehow the issue.

Cheers :raised_hands: