Server side permission settings

I followed the instructions there with the result: The panel cannot connect to the API

I created /site/config/config.php and added the panel enabling code – but initially without <?php and ?> because the code in the docs does not contain those, unless I missed it.

Perhaps that should be added to https://getkirby.com/docs/reference/system/options/panel ?

Adding those to /site/config/config.php now reveals the panel. Thank you! My next task will be to implement the site I created in localhost, on the public server.

You can just transfer those files up, you don’t have to redo it on the server. That’s the beauty of flat files :slight_smile:

Yes that is why I chose Kirby after trying umpteen flat-file CMS and dealing with their poor documentation, super complex default demo sites, uncommented templates and etc. Kirby looked to me to have the best combination of things and the docs are in competent English (unlike my incompetent German).

Don’t use a closing ?> tag in PHP-only files, your config should be:

<?php

return [

// whatever
];

And all options within the single return statement, never more than one return… (just saying, because I’ve seen it too often).

1 Like

Thank you, that is corrected.

You guys REALLY need to add the opening
<?php
to the code snippet!!! some of us are beginners! It was so difficult figuring out such a simple thing!