Selectplus Plugin Hide Pages

The Selectplus solves my needs fantastically, the ability to easily select and add options when they’re not there, however, it is polluting (for lack of a better word) the UX of the admin panel.

In the screenshot, you can see ‘location’ and ‘series’, is it possible to hide these pages so they’re not seen here?

Another option is to maybe group the both ‘Locations’ and ‘Series’ under the a page called ‘Options’ which would look a little cleaner. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can hide them via the hide: true blueprint setting.

https://getkirby.com/docs/panel/blueprints/page-settings#hide-page

It’s also possible to group them.

However, hiding those pages only makes sense if you don’t want the client to edit them. I developed the plugin for a project where the user should be able to quickly add an option and still later have the possibility to edit the page and add more information to the location.

Thanks for the swift reply. The client will not have to edit them, only to add options and select, so hiding seems ideal at the moment. I’m essentially using it as a tagging system.

I have run into a little problem. If I have two selectplus on the page when I click on “Add Page” both inputs open up. Is this feasible or am I doing something wrong here?

locations:
    label: Locations
    type: selectplus
    formfields:
      title:
        label: Name of Event Location
        placeholder: Location Name
        required: true
    template: location
    width: 1/2
    options: query
    query:
      page: locations
      fetch: children
      value: '{{uid}}'
      text: '{{title}}'

series:
    label: Series
    type: selectplus
    formfields:
      title:
        label: Name of Series
        placeholder: Series Name
        required: true
    template: series
    width: 1/2
    options: query
    query:
      page: series
      fetch: children
      value: '{{uid}}'
      text: '{{title}}'

Oh, yes, that is because the click event is called on the wrapper, not on a particular id. I didn’t have any intentions to have more than one of these fields. Shouldn’t be too difficult to adapt it, though. For a simple tagging systems, I wouldn’t create new pages for all these categories, anyway, but store them in a field somewhere.

store them in a field somewhere.

That sounds like a better solution. Do you perhaps have a resource of how best to do this?

No, but you can use my plugin as a starting point and remove everything you don’t need, then instead of creating new pages, do a page update.