Could someone please explain to me the difference between REST API and Content Representation and in which use case we should use one or the other?
I read the documentation and this is what I’ve understood for the moment:
- Output data in JSON from endpoints
- Need authentication for security reason
- REST API is used to read, update, delete data
- Output data in JSON from representation template
- Don’t need authentication, data is publicly available through an URL
- Content Representation is only used to read data (no update/delete data possible)
Did I understand correctly?
What about the use case?
If I need to just read data or let anybody read data > I should use Content representation
If I need to let authorized user to read AND update/delete data, I should use the REST API …