Possible to prevent deleting/changing pages from a Kirby 4 pages section that uses query

Basically the title – I would like to show a pages section in a “read-only” mode, preventing the editor from deleting or otherwise modifying pages just in this particular section.

Looking at other forum posts I assume this is not possible other than at the page blueprint level, which I don’t believe will work for my use case. Given this is related to an Kirby 4 update (query support for pages section) perhaps in context it makes sense as a feature? :thinking:

Here’s the context:

My site is for a spa, where practitioners are linked to services. Both practitioners (staff) and services (treatments) are pages.

The service.yml page blueprint has a “practitioners” pages field. Here the editor can choose 1 or more staff members who provide this particular treatment.

The staff.yml page has an “associated treatments” pages section. It uses the new query feature in Kirby 4 to build a list of services pages that have a match for that practitioner:

associated_treatments:
  label: Associated Treatments
  type: pages
  query: site.index(true).filterBy("practitioners", page.uuid, "-")
  create: false
  empty: "No treatments linked to this practitioner"
  sortBy: title

This creates a lovely list of services that this practitioner is linked to, which I think builds a meaningful connection between practitioner and treatment for the site editor.

However, my concern for an editor is that they may misinterpret the “delete” option on one of these pages as a way to “unlink” a practitioner from a service, when it will just delete that service page.

While some glaring red info text will help mitigate this, I am wondering if it’s possible to display this queried list into a “read-only” mode (ideally retaining the ability to click through to the treatment page), or if perhaps there’s another way to go about this.

Thanks for any input! :pray: