Plugin Language Select Field

Hallo,
I’m trying to generate a language select field (on panel side) but I’m getting a "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘forEach’) for the following code:

<?php
use Kirby\Cms\Languages;

return [
    'language' => [
        'label' => 'Select a language',
        'type'  => 'select',
        'option' => [
            'type' => 'query',
            'query' => Languages::load(),
        ]
    ],
];

I’m missing something here…

Hi there, I’m a bit at a loss what you are doing there? Is that supposed to be a field blueprint defined via a plugin? Please provide more context if what follows doesn’t solve your problem.

Having said that, the property is called options (plural) not option, which might be the problem here.

Thanks for answering a Saturday.

I’m loos too (learning Kirby and Vuejs at the same time).

The simplest way I found to explain what I’m trying to do is:

populate a “languages select box” (for all configured kirby languages) inside /dialogs/fields.php in the Extended products area demo code that is part of the cookbook Advanced Panel area.

By the way, is there a way to add pagination to the results of src/components/Products.vue… I’ve tried several option found on the web but without luck. I’m stuck with the loading of external components like this one: HENNGE/vue3-pagination (github.com).

Thank you in advance for your patience and help.

Are you using Kirby 3.8 already?

Something in this direction should work

'options' => [
    'type' => 'query',
    'query' => 'kirby.languages',
    'value' => '{{ item.code }}',
    'text' => '{{ item.name }}'
]

Yes I’m using 3.8 :slight_smile: downloaded kirby :heart: two days ago and I’m playing around :sweat_smile:

Still getting:

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘forEach’)

a hint for pagination inside vue panel files?

The property is still called options for all I know, but I just tried @distantnative’s example (replacing option with options) and getting this.options.forEach is not a function

1 Like

May I have found a bug in v3.8?

No, I just didn’t realise that those programmatic fields in dialogs probably don’t run again through a blueprint interpreter. So we actually have to provide all the options programmatically directly.

Does this work?

'options' => kirby()->languages()->toArray(fn ($language) => [
    'value' => $language->code(),
    'text' => $language->name()
])

(Hope you are on PHP 8, otherwise is needs to be full function () { return [] }.)

We need to get the values, then it will work:

'options' => array_values(kirby()->languages()->toArray(fn($lang) => ['value' => $lang->code(), 'text' => $lang->name()]))

php 8.1.2 and getting same result as @texnixe :

this.options.forEach is not a function

Then we can use $languages->values() | Kirby CMS

'options' => kirby()->languages()->values(fn($lang) => [
    'value' => $lang->code(),
    'text' => $lang->name()
])
1 Like

Yes! That was it! It now works seamlessly :partying_face:
Thank you so much @distantnative & @texnixe

PS: do I need do fill a new topic for the pagination?

Re. pagination: Yes, pagination is in general possible (take a look at the source code for the users view

-kirby/panel/src/components/Views/UsersView.vue

• kirby/config/areas/users/views.php

However, this uses a users collection which can be paginated (in the PHP part) and a k-collection component which has a pagination property). I think the current implementation in the recipe would need some changes to make this work, or at least I don’t know how to implement it into the table.