Patterns / Patternlab

Hi,

since I noticed that I very often use the snippets in a patterns way I am considering to switch to patterns or at least look into it. Since I didn´t find a lot of recent stuff about it, I would like to know the current status and if it makes sense to start over with patterns?

Thanks C.

Currently it seems that the patterns plugin is not compatible with Kirby 2.4.0 because of the double Whoops implementation.

Apart from that, I’m not sure I understand your question? I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t use the patterns plugin (Patternlab, however is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore).

Thanks, I am using 2.3.2 and just installed the plugin .
Since I did not find anything on official getkirby page about the plugin except a older blog post nor the plugin itself (or I overlooked it), I was just wondering about its status. Since I already put a lot of work into my current project which is done in the standard template/snippetI way am not sure if it makes sense to start over and redo it with patterns.

If the project is already mostly finished, it probably does not make much sense to start all over, I think, unless you want to use it as a starting point for new projects in the future.

The plugin is still being maintained by the team (I will fix the 2.4.0 issue next week) and we provide support for it, so feel free to use it if you want. But as Sonja said: If you are already mostly done with your site, it’s probably a lot of work to redo.

1 Like

Many thanks I think I will start over with the project since it is my personal homepage / portfolio and it is a good chance to get into it and learn it.

Genuine newbie question here: apart from the very nice ‘Patterns’ interface, is there any difference between using this plugin - and its pattern() method - to just using a snippet - and the snippet() method?

One major plus would be that you are able to set default values.