Password reset causes 504 error

When I try to do a password reset I am getting a 504 error. I cannot find any concrete errors as it’s an Ajax call. I have tried everything but nothing works

1. Changed STMP credentials to mailtrap.io

2. Tried locally and it works (using Valet nginx)

3. Reverted back to default nginx config on production

4. Tried this Kirby->Email / SMTP Error (Timeout?) - #6 by ahmetbora

5. Tried this Problems with e-mail - #3 by Adspectus

Using php8.1 and on Kirby 3.8.3k.

Any tips?

Much appreciated

Sorry for bumping this but still no luck figuring this out. I am not getting any errors. Nothing in the logs either.

Does email work if you try it in a template with the same transport settings?

Sorry for late reply. Notification was off and then holiday.

Thank you for replying.

I have now tried this Emails | Kirby CMS but I am getting a 504 when loading the page that uses the template in which I have added that code from the docs. I am using 2 different type of email hosts. Mailgun and Mailtrap. Both works locally. Both gives 504 on server.

Unfortunately I have the same issue. Something with the email setup seems to be wrong – but I can’t find a solution.

On my local machine the emails get sent correctly. (tried with localhost and mailhog as well as with an external smtp server and credentials)

On the server I get either a SMTP error (when trying to use localhost) or a 504 error when trying to use an external SMTP-server with the same credentials which (worked on local machine before)

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Okay. I found the error in my case. No idea if this will help anybody, but I think it’s worth sharing:

I contacted the administrator of the webserver and he told me that other users are successfully sending emails through their wordpress systems without credentials, just with “localhost via port 25” – so I tried that again. Now the important part: I had to get rid of the “type => smtp” line and suddenly it worked as expected.

Screenshot 2023-06-01