New to Kirby CMS — Need all panel features!

Hi Everyone. I’ve just purchased Kirby 3 and I’m getting started. I have to say I’m a little frustrated with the Panel.

I have to say, the way that everything is promoted on the website. I had no idea I’d have to build and code my own panel to have all of the features and functions that Kirby offers. My head is actually spinning.

I want to be able to build sections of blog content, write posts, organize posts, build fields/fieldsets, upload images, add plug-ins and the like. Not too much to ask right?

I had no idea I would need to spend hours, and possibly days to include functionality that I need. I’d love your help if possible!

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Kirby community.

I am sorry to hear that. Kirby can be downloaded and installed for testing purposes for free, so anyone can check out if Kirby is the right tool before purchasing a license.

The alternative to creating your own forms for the Panel would be a fixed setup with fixed fields that cannot be changed. That’s not our philosophy. In fact, the flexibility of the Panel and the fact that you can adapt it to your or your client’s purposes, is one of the main reasons why people choose Kirby over other CMS.

If you need a ready to go setup, you can use the Starterkit or the Demokit and strip out the stuff that you do not need. Or you can purchase a ready-made theme.

You can find lots of example Panel blueprints in the docs or in those said kits.

We are planning to make building forms easier in the future, but for the moment, you have to create those yaml files manually.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I have already purchased Kirby 3. I’m hoping to be able to figure it all out before I lose my mind. Do you guys have support for setting up custom panel setups?

Scott

Well, we offer support here in the forum if you have specific questions and always ready to help. If, however, you want to get someone to set up the Panel for you, then you will certainly find someone to do that for you if you pay them for it… You can post in the jobs category, if that’s what you want to do.

Ok, I have to be honest, I feel horrible about this, but I do not have the time to put all this together with the project I’m working on. I purchased Kirby this morning, because I thought the trial version I downloaded and installed was not complete and that some of the features were being held back because of the demo version.

What do I need to do to receive a refund? Thanks again for your time.

See here: https://getkirby.com/license#refund-policy

1 Like