Modules in Kirby

Hello,

have someone an idea how I can realize modules with Kirby?
With modules I mean contentparts which can be managed by the panel like in Joomla.

Kind regards

Hi!

Do you mean this: a custom form for some data element, like the editor for text within the panel? Then it’s already doable with http://getkirby.com/docs/panel/custom-form-fields

If I’m completely mistaken, could you please try to describe what you mean more precisely? :heart:

Hello Cilice,

I’m not really sure if a custom form will be usable to solve my problem.
I’ll try to describe it better :).
As example, I have an box with additional information like contactinformation.
Now I will give an editor in the panel the possibility to set this box on show or hide and to change the content.
I think about to solve this with an snippet and a checkbox which I can query.
But I’m not sure if this solution is really practicable?

That’s at least how I would do it; for contact information, I would keep the content in the page where it belongs “naturally”, like a contact page or in the site.txt file and then use snippets to include that information depending on whether a checkbox is checked or not. Or if you have several snippets and want to sort the order in which they appear (e.g. in a sidebar or footer) use a structure field with a select field inside.

In fact, I think this is a much better approach then with Joomla modules, because with Joomla modules, every time you add a page you have to go back to the modules and include the module in the new page as well, arghh …

Hi,
the contact information was only an example.
I think I will write an js function which will show the modulefields in the panel if the checkbox is checked.
If I save the module information inside the page I can change it on every page where the module/snippet will displayed.

You see I’m not 100% clear how it will work, actually I’m now in the conceptual phase of website.

In Joomla you can, since some versions, change the modules direct from the menu.