Many entries in structure field gets confusing

Hi,

I have a simple events website in Kirby. I use the amazing (slightly out-dated) Events plugin by Martin Zurowietz with some customizations.

My blueprint looks like this:

label: Events
    type: structure
    entry: >
      <div class="agenda"><strong class="agenda-title">{{title}}</strong> <span class="agenda-date">{{_begin_date}} - {{_begin_time}}</span></div>
    fields:
      title:
        label: Title
        type: text
      description:
        label: Description
        type: textarea
        size: small
      _begin_date:
        label: Date
        type: date
        format: DD/MM/YYYY
      _begin_time:
        label: Time
        type: time
        interval: 15
        default: 10:00
      _end_date:
        label: End date
        type: date
        format: DD/MM/YYYY
      _end_time:
        label: End time
        type: time
        interval: 15
        default: 00:00

With 260 entries and counting the list is getting very long. Content administrators have been asking me to improve this.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Rutger

There is no way to make the list shorter. These two suggestions might help to make the list more readable:

1. Use table style instead of standard style.

style: table

2. Change the sort order, to have last entries at the top. There is a pull request to support this:https://github.com/getkirby/panel/pull/749/files. You can apply these changes to a copy of the structure field (apart from the one little change to the form.min.css)

Thanks texnixe for the quick reply.

1 - Table style I tried. But the structure field also has a textarea and that doesn’t show very nice in the table.
2 - I subscribed to the issue to follow the updates when it is publicly released.

I was thinking, I could change them into pages perhaps?
Aside from the currently used plugin, what do you suggest as the most versatile way to setup an event list?

If you want to stick with the structure field way of doing things, you could try to create your own custom field that includes pagination. I don’t know if that is possible.

As you mention, an alternative is to use subpages instead of the structure field. You can then use the inbuilt search function to find individual entries. There’s a brand new calendar plugin which you might want to check out (haven’t had a chance to look into that yet, though).

If you change the entries to pages you may want to have a look at my subpagelist field plugin.