Manually created Pages not shown in Panel

Hello again,

I make it short, you’ve read the title. Manually created Pages Folder are not shown in the “Pages” Section of the Panel, which was what I was expecting.

Long Version:
When I create a page folder like e.g. “4_contact”, it’s not showing in the panel, in reverse it works fine (when I create a page in the panel, its shown in the content folder).

I hope my question is understandable, I’ve searched hours for a solution and have given up now, that’s why I’m asking here again.

Greetings, Jean-Paul

If a page is shown in a pages section in the Panel or not, depends on the setup of the pages section in the blueprint, see Pages section | Kirby CMS.

So could you please provide a bit more information about the blueprint, where you want the page to show up, and also, what you named the content file in that contact page.

Does your question refer to the Starterkit or your own setup?

I explain step-by-step since I think this explains the problem better:

1. I created a new Folder in “content” which I called “4_kontakt”. I also added a “kontakt.txt” with a “Title: Kontakt”
  2. Then I created a “kontakt.php” in “site/templates/” and a “kontakt.yml” in “sites/blueprints/pages/”
  3. After that I thought I can see the page in the “Pages” section of my Panel, but I just was able to open the “Kontakt”-Page in the panel when manually visit the URL “[localhost]/panel/pages/kontakt” to edit it.

Is there an option to keep this synchronized, so that some people can work with the filebased solution and some with the panel?

A Szenario would be:

• Perso A (Me) is a Developer and works with the File-Bases solution.
  • Persob B (Client) don’t have access to the “content”-Folder, don’t know how to use the “content”-Folder and also doesn’t want to learn, but wants to use the Panel.

I hope this explains the problem more in detail and I also hope that my problem is not unsolvable.

Greetings, Jean-Paul

A little extra Question, which relates to this topic: My “kontakt.txt” generated another field, which is called “uuid”, this took a while since I checked the file after a good half hour and it wasnt there.

I already checked the documentary and know what the “uuid” stands for and already wanted to know how I can add this automatically when creating a page, but didn’t found a solution. Out of nowhere it was there, without me knowing at which point it got created, and I also cleared my local browser cache.

The uuid is added when you create a page via the Panel, it is not created when you create pages manually in the filesystem. I’d be very careful with the filesystem when using UUIDs, because if you copy a page in the filesystem, you create two pages with the same UUID.

As regards the page not showing up:

Pages in the Panel are shown in so called Pages sections, see link above. These sections can be filtered by template or page status. So if your pages section is limited to certain blueprints/templates, then a new page with another blueprint will not show up. Please read up on sections and take a look at the examples in the Starterkit (notes, photography, and other pages section in site.yml in particular).