Hey folks, I just released the first alpha of my Kirby-Typography plugin. If you’re a typonerd like me, you might like it. Feel free to download the plugin, tinker around with it and leave a feedback.
This is a port of wp-Typography for Kirby CMS. Based on the
PHP_Typography class, this plugin enhances the typography of you kirby-powered website. Think of it a more advanced alternative to the built-in
- Hyphenation: Hyphenate text, very handy for justified text or languages with very long words, but also for English. Supports a large number of languages and offers fine-grained control over hyphenation.
- Smart Replacements: Includes Smart quotes (i.e. „Curly Quotes“, «Guillemets», »Chevrons« or German „Gänsefüßchen“) and smart ordinal suffixes.
CSS Hooks: Add
<span class="[…]">tags around characters like ampersands, CAPITALIZED WORDS etc.
- Hanging Punctuation: Add the twinkle of the print-era to your site.
- Wraps URLs: Prevents long URLs from overflowing their container element on small screens.
Smart Math: Converts mathematical symbols into their correct counterpart. E.g.
- Caching: Processing text like this plugin does is a very performance-hungry task. So the results are always cached, even if Kirby’s cache option is turned off. Cache will automatically be updated, if you change your content or update the plugin. It also comes with a Dashboard Widget, so you can flush the cache from your panel.
… and basically every other feature of wp-Typography
Download & full information: https://github.com/fabianmichael/kirby-typography